Popular Posts

Friday, February 1, 2013

All Baby Wipes Are NOT Created Equal

I am by no means the ultimate authority on all things baby, I am just sharing with you my own personal thoughts and experiences.

Who on earth would have thought that the quality of baby wipe mattered.  It seems like a pretty simple, straight forward item.  I will say that over the past almost year and a half, I have come to find that a good quality baby wipe makes all the difference between an easy clean up job and a huge mess!  You wouldn't think there wouldn't be that big of a difference from brand to brand, but let me tell ya, THERE IS!

Along with the different brands comes different costs and qualities.  You might be surprised that in my opinion, the highest priced wipes didn't hold up as well as its cheaper counterparts.  The cost difference between wipes may seem insignificant at first glance but when you think about how many boxes of baby wipes you will be purchasing over the next lets say two years...  WOOOOAAHHHH!!!!  That's a huge chunk of change!  The price of baby wipes is definitely something to consider!

I have tried:  Walmart brand, Pampers, Huggies, Sam's Club, and Meijer Brand baby wipes. Here is my review of each product and my recommendation.

We will start with Walmart's brand called Parent's Choice.  According to the website this 700 ct box of wipes is $11.97 (about $0.02 per wipe).  That's a pretty good price for the count.  They are smaller than other wipes we tried, but they were really moist and thick.  Unfortunately they are more difficult to get out of the packaging which can be frustrating especially when you are in a SERIOUS situation that calls for fast action.  I have also noticed that these wipes fall rip and fall apart when I try to pull them out to use...  They weren't my favorite and we won't be buying them again, but for the price, if I were ever in a pinch we would make it work.

Sam's Club baby wipes are my 100% absolute favorite baby wipes.  If you don't have a membership and don't want to fork over the money to join, make friends with someone who has one and wouldn't mind picking these up for you.  They are cheap and the best quality!  These suckers can stand up to anything and I mean ANYTHING!  A 900ct box is $15.28 (less than $0.02 per wipe)!!!!  How amazing is that!  They have the best packaging because it has a snap shut lid, not just the sticky film.  They are great to keep in the diaper bag and for travel.  They are big, moist, thick and stay wet for a long time!  These are the one's I recommend to my girlfriends all the time!


We all know of this big name brand.  Of coarse I love Pampers!  They don't have the reputation they do by selling shotty products.  Each box comes with one of those green diaper holders and the trusted brand has been around for years and years!  O and they have super cute commercials!  The only problem with these wipes is that they are a bit more pricy.  A 504 ct box at Walmart is $12.47 ($0.03 per wipe).  You are paying for the name in this case.  The great thing about buying the name brand products are the options!  They come in many varieties while the generic brands may only come in one or two options.  Another great thing about Pampers is the rewards program.  If you can remember to actually get on-line and enter in the info every time you purchase a new box, you can get good discounts and earn good rewards.  It's defiantly worth looking into.   The wipes are large, thin, moist, and durable. 


Another BIG NAME diaper and wipe brand.  These like Pampers are good quality diapers but at a higher price.  A 600ct box will run you about $12.47 ($0.02 per wipe).  I personally didn't like them as much as Pampers.  I don't know maybe I'm biased.  Either way, I found that while they were durable, they were not as moist and tended to dry out faster.  They were much thicker so I guess if you have a baby that tends to make big messes these wipes might be a better fit for you.  They are less expensive than pampers and again come in many varieties.  Huggies also has a rewards program similar to the Pampers program.  You can check out the Huggies program here.  Just from their website, their rewards program looks a lot more fun!  haha

Meijer baby wipes work really well.  They are thicker, moist, durable, and a good price.  I actually went to pull up the exact price of these baby wipes and couldn't find the information on-line anywhere!!!  haha  They are less than the name brand products listed above, but the exact price eludes me.  I did like that they came in Sensitive and Fragrance Free.  Who doesn't love some good options?!?!


Well, there it is!  I don't think it's a big surprise that my favorite baby wipes are the Sam's Club brand wipes.  They are cheeper per wipe than the others , and they are great quality.   All of the wipes were good, it just comes down to personal preference.  What is your favorite baby wipe?

*I have also heard a lot about AmazonMom.com You can find all sorts of baby essentials and gear at a supposedly discounted price. Other people I have talked to really liked this website and swear by it!  It is my understanding you can save a lot of money by ordering through them.  If you love to shop on Amazon like I do, then why not check it out?!?!  The only downfalls I can see is possible shipping cost, and length of time it takes to receive the products.  If you REALLY NEED wipes, like yesterday, then you may want to skip the on-line ordering and just make a quick run the the store.  :)

I hope you found this at least semi-entertaining and helpful.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. A percentage of our profits from our ‘Baby’ range are given to this children’s organisation that aids terminally ill kids and their families. baby wipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m recently obsessed with Hello Bello wipes. They are comparable to name brand prices but better in my opinion! They are textured which really helps with messes and also great for sensitive skin! I haven’t been able to find any other wipes with the texture of these. The other thing I have noticed is I don’t usually get those dripping wet wipes at the bottom of the pack. Personal new favorite:)

    ReplyDelete